I am beyond blessed to work in an environment where my coworkers are not only accepting of my gluten-free lifestyle, but also accommodating. A couple of weeks ago my coworker brought in a gluten-free pumpkin crunch dessert that was incredible. Before she made the dessert, she even double-checked with me that all the ingredients would be safe.
When I got to taste it the next day, I immediately asked for the recipe. None of my coworkers even knew it was gluten-free until they noticed that I was eating too!
This week, I made the recipe for myself and was not disappointed. It is quite possibly one of the easiest and most delicious pumpkin desserts ever.
But before I give you the recipe, I want to share this video with you. I think you will agree that it is pretty funny.
Don’t worry about not being able to eat Royals, because this dessert will satisfy your cravings – no problem.
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker’s gluten-free mix)
- 1 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and cinnamon.
3. Pour mixture into greased 9×13 inch pan.
4. Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture. Pour the melted butter over the top.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
6. Let cool and serve.