Football season is here. With it comes game day junk food. Not wanting to be left out of the fun, I decided to find a recipe that would work easily with the gluten-free diet.
I found this nacho recipe, and I think you will enjoy it. It is fairly easy to make and very satisfying. Also, it’s always a hit.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans (GLUTEN-FREE)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce (GLUTEN-FREE)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- corn chips, 1 large bag
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- jalapeno pepper rings or diced jalapeno peppers
- 3 to 4 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- chopped cilantro
Optional Toppings and Sauces
- sour cream
1. Preheat oven at 375° F.
2. Prepare the fresh ingredients to specifications above. This step involves chopping the veggies.