From the moment I found out that Fritos are gluten free (which was pretty early into my eating gluten free), I’ve been wanting to make a Frito pie. I finally decided to make it last night, and I am happy I did. It was quick, easy and yummy! I got the recipe from Big Oven.
Ingredients (Serves 6; Ready in about 45 minutes)
- 1 bag Frito style chips (regular)
- 1 can corn
- 1 16-oz can of chili (GF)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cheese (chedder)
- 1 medium onion; diced
- 1 package taco seasoning (McCormick‘s is GF)
1. Cook beef in skillet. After browned, add onion and taco seasoning packet.
2. In 9×13 inch baking pan, layer the ingredients two times, in this order; Fritos, corn, chili, seasoned meat, cheese.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
4. Let cool and serve.
We served rice as the side dish. Also, you can add refried beans to the chili, if you’d like! I will definitely make this recipe again. It also tastes great as left overs (not soggy)! I would know, because I am eating it now.